I had a window on Thanksgiving day, a window with something other than clouds and rain and wind. We were out of bed in a flash to enjoy the sunrise.
Minnie couldn’t believe her eyes, what on earth was that bright ball?
I do have a bit of a confession. I was married for 22 years and I never once cooked a turkey. For the last 10 years, I’ve avoided the topic until this year when Karen decided she wanted to do a turkey for dinner. In my best enthusiastic voice, I reassured her that it was a grand idea.
Hind-sight being 20/20, it really was a great idea. Karen spent a great deal of time in the dreaded kitchen and the whole meal was fabulous.
Buddy on the other hand, was really annoyed that he had been baby-gated out of the kitchen. Seriously, what was Karen thinking. Buddy is one of the official taste-testers.
Who wants the drumstick?
Clearly, Buddy thought that since he is the senior member of the pack he should have it. Plus, he’s the tallest of the three, a definite advantage.
The reality is, nobody got the drumstick, but they all got a little bit of turkey with their kibble for dinner.
A fabulous meal that took all morning to prepare was gone in a flash and we couldn’t believe how much we ate.
The best that we could do at that point was to waddle into the bedroom and settle down for a happy nappy.
Of course, no meal is complete without a little desert with our whip cream.
And did we have left-overs for breakfast you might ask?
Nope, we scrambled out of bed to meet Timber. A one-year old gorgeous, energetic and playful borzoi. I have a few other photos of him here.
Time for the Saturday Pet Blog Hop.
Happy Saturday, and welcome to another installment of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop! You’ve found the right place to connect with other pet lovers. Whether you are a seasoned blogger, one who loves reading pet blogs, or if you’re just thinking about starting your own blog – there is definitely something here for you. Acquaint yourself and enjoy – this is your resource, so use it as you see fit! Of course, you have to follow the rules, so let’s get to that. Get those links in and have fun.
- Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
- Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button above and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
- Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
- Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
- Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
- Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
- Make friends and grow.